Per person, twin share
This Deal is no longer available
Experience the best of England, Ireland, Scotland, and Wales on this in-depth exploration tour of the British Isles. In between time in the major cities, you will visit some of the historic towns and witness some of the breathtaking scenery.
• 17-night tour discovering the best of United Kingdom and Ireland
• Services of a professional Tour Director and Local Guides
• 17 full English breakfasts and 5 three-course dinners with choice of menus
• TOUR HIGHLIGHTS Stonehenge, Dartmoor, Plymouth, Glastonbury Bath, Cardiff, Tenby, Ferry crossing from Pembroke to Rosslare, Blarney, Killarney, Ring of Kerry, Dingle Peninsular Drive, Adare, Cliffs of Moher, Galway, Dublin, Ferry crossing from Dublin to Holyhead, Chester, Liverpool, Lake District, Gretna Green Fort William, Culloden Moor, Pitlochry, St. Andrews, Edinburgh, Jedburgh, Hadrian’s Wall, York, Stratford-Upon-Avon
• TRANSPORTATION Private, deluxe air-conditioned motor coach while touring with free Wi-Fi.
• HOTELS Twin-bedded rooms with private bath or shower, hotel taxes, service charges, and tips for baggage handling.
WAS from $3,889* per person twin share
SAVE up to $389* per person twin share
NOW from $3,500* per person twin share
unless sold out prior. Availability is limited.
1. LONDON, ENGLAND Check into your hotel. in the afternoon, there is time to rest or to start exploring the lively British capital. Uniformed hosts are available to help you make the most of your stay.
2. LONDON What's your pleasure? Today is devoted to exploring on your own or enjoying our exciting program of optional activities. You may choose to join a Local Guide for an optional morning sightseeing tour of the city's famous landmarks: the Houses of Parliament and Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, Whitehall's mounted horse guards and the Prime Minister's Downing Street residence, Piccadilly Circus, and Buckingham Palace. Later, maybe visit Windsor Castle or the Tower of London with its spectacular Crown Jewels. Tonight, we recommend our optional Taste of London excursion with dinner, followed by a guided illumination cruise on the Thames River. (B)
3. LONDON-STONEHENGE-WIDECOMBE-PLYMOUTH Meet your Tour Director and travelling companions to depart at 8 am for the West Country. Cross the chalky terrain of Wiltshire and visit STONEHENGE, one of England's most intriguing mysteries. Explore the visitor centre with its imaginative exhibitions, then admire the magnificence of the monument from up close. in the heart of Dartmoor National Park, ghostly setting for Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's The Hound of the Baskervilles, visit quaint Widecombe-in-the- Moor. Later, in Plymouth, hear about Sir Francis Drake and see the Mayflower Steps, where the Pilgrim Fathers embarked in 1620. (B,D)
4. PLYMOUTH-GLASTONBURY-BATH-CARDIFF, WALES Via Glastonbury and its legends of King Arthur to the elegant city of Bath, famed for its amazing Roman relics and Georgian buildings. Cross the spectacular Severn Bridge into Wales and head for the capital, Cardiff. Here, an orientation drive introduces you to all the major attractions: Cardiff Castle, Cathays Park, Millennium Stadium, and the stately civic buildings. Tonight, why not join an evening of Welsh entertainment and dining? (B)
5. CARDIFF-TENBY-TRAMORE, IRELAND Enjoy vistas of rich dairy farmland this morning on the way to the pretty seaside resort of Tenby. Then, on to Pembroke, departure point for the FERRY across St. George's Channel to Ireland. Arrive at Rosslare in just under four hours. (B,D)
6. TRAMORE-BLARNEY-KILLARNEY Today, discover why Ireland is called the "Emerald isle." Drive along the southern coast, passing Cork, the country's second-largest city. Stop in Blarney, famous for its Stone of Eloquence, with time to see the castle, and shop for Irish crafts and handmade crystal. Continue to the popular resort of Killarney. Tonight, enjoy the optional outing to Tralee for dinner and a performance at Siamsa Tire, Ireland's National Folk Theatre. (B)
7. KILLARNEY. RING OF KERRY EXCURSION At Killorglin, join the road known as the RING OF KERRY for a 100-mile coastal panoramic drive featuring sparkling seascapes, mountains dotted with brightly coloured farmhouses, winding lanes bordered with subtropical vegetation, and spectacular views of the Lakes of Killarney from Ladies View. Back in Killarney, a special optional adventure: take a horse-drawn jaunting car along the national park lakeshore for pictures of Ross Castle. (B)
8. KILLARNEY-DINGLE PENINSULA-ADARE-LIMERICK Breathtaking scenery this morning on the Dingle Peninsula, where the 32-mile Slea Head drive affords magnificent vistas of the Atlantic Ocean. See the Blasket islands, and hear about the way of life and unique literary achievements of its inhabitants prior to their evacuation in 1953. Then, travel via Adare, a village known for its prize-winning thatched cottages, to Limerick. Tonight, consider joining an optional medieval banquet at a historic castle. (B)
9. LIMERICK-CLIFFS OF MOHER-GALWAY-DUBLIN Take a scenic route this morning via the CLIFFS OF MOHER and The Burren on the way to the port city of Galway, a popular seaside destination and a buzzing cosmopolitan centre with colourful shops and a busy cafe and bar culture. Continue across the mighty Shannon before arriving in Dublin. The optional dinner suggestion is a fun Irish cabaret evening with dinner, dance, and songs. (B)
10. DUBLIN A day in the "Fair City" starts with an orientation drive through Eire's capital, including statue-lined O'Connell Street, elegant Georgian squares, and St. Patrick's Cathedral. The afternoon is at leisure. Later, why not join an optional dinner at the Guinness Storehouse? (B)
11. DUBLIN-CHESTER, ENGLAND-LIVERPOOL Take the FERRY across the Irish Sea to Holyhead on the Welsh isle of Anglesey with its tongue-twisting names. Follow the North Wales coast to Chester, the ancient county town on the Dee River. See the Roman remains, black and white half-timbered buildings, and the two-tiered arcades called the "Rows." Overnight in Liverpool, of Beatles fame and once the departure port of the great transatlantic liners. (B)
12. LIVERPOOL-LAKE DISTRICT-GRETNA GREEN, SCOTLAND-GLASGOW Drive into the tranquil Lake District, often considered to be the finest of England's national parks and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Then, visit Gretna Green, where the blacksmith used to wed runaway couples. Travel through the historysteeped Lowland Hills to Glasgow, Scotland's largest city. (B,D)
13. GLASGOW-FORT WILLIAM-INVERNESS-CULLODEN MOOR-GRANTOWN-ON-SPEY Skirt the "Bonnie Banks" of Loch Lomond and head through wild Rannoch Moor into the Highlands. Pass through Glen Coe, where the MacDonald Clan was massacred in 1692, to Fort William beneath Ben Nevis. Then, the Great Glen for vistas of the Caledonian Canal, Loch Lochy, and Loch Oich. Follow the banks of Loch Ness, home of the timid and timeless Nessie. Continue via inverness, the Highland capital and, on the way to tonight's destination, stop at the battlefield of Culloden Moor with its memories of Bonnie Prince Charlie. (B,D)
14. GRANTOWN-ON-SPEY-PITLOCHRY-ST.ANDREWS-EDINBURGH Drive through more spectacular Highland scenery for a stop in the pretty Victorian mountain resort of Pitlochry. Then, travel via Perth and Dundee before crossing the Tay Bridge to St. Andrews, whose Royal and Ancient Golf Club, founded in 1754, has given us the rules of golfing. Continue through Fife and over the mighty Forth Road Bridge to spend the next two nights in Edinburgh. A suggestion for this evening: enjoy a traditional Scottish night out, with Highland dancers, bagpipers, and, of course, the Ceremony of the Haggis. (B
15. EDINBURGH A full day to enjoy the Scottish capital. Morning sightseeing with a Local Guide introduces you to the 200-year-old "New Town," home famous scientists, inventors, and novelists. in the "Old Town," visit EDINBURGH CASTLE to admire Scotland's Crown Jewels. Later, join an optional tour of the former Royal Yacht Britannia. Tour five decks and see how the Royal Family and crew of 240 lived and worked on board. Dinner rounds off this optional evening. For departure numbers 0725 through 0815, tickets are included for tonight's performance of the world-renowned MILITARY TATTOO. (B)
16. EDINBURGH-JEDBURGH-YORK, ENGLAND-LEEDS At Jedburgh, see the abbey ruins before heading towards the Cheviot Hills and the English border. Travel through wild Northumberland National Park and, on the way, see a section of Hadrian's Wall, the Roman coastto- coast defense against marauding northern tribes. in York, England's most complete medieval city, stand in awe in front of the great structure of York Minster, then follow your Tour Director through a maze of quaint streets, including the narrow Shambles. Overnight is in Leeds. (B,D)
17. LEEDS-STRATFORD-UPON-AVON-LONDON I n Shakespeare's Stratfordupon- Avon, take photos of Anne Hathaway's Cottage and explore the town at your own pace. After returning to London around 4 pm, how about celebrating the success of your tour with an optional night out on the town? (B) 18. LONDON Your holiday ends with breakfast this morning. (B) B – Breakfast L – Lunch D - Dinner
*Conditions apply. Prices correct as at 17 February 2020 but may fluctuate if surcharges, fees, taxes or currency change. Offers subject to availability. Agents may charge service fees, rates vary. Payments by credit card will incur a surcharge. Airfare not included. All savings are included in the advertised price. Non-refundable & non-transferable deposit of $250 per person required within 7 days of booking to secure the reservation. Offer not combinable with any other discount except Welcome Back Credit and Second Tour Discount. Offer excludes Cosmos Lite tours. Standard cancellation fees apply. Offers may be withdrawn without notice and are not combinable with any other offers unless stated. Please check all prices, availability and other information before booking. Cosmos and Helloworld Travel booking terms and conditions apply, see in store for details.
*Conditions apply. Prices correct as at 17 February 2020 but may fluctuate if surcharges, fees, taxes or currency change. Offers subject to availability. Agents may charge service fees, rates vary. Payments by credit card will incur a surcharge. Airfare not included. All savings are included in the advertised price. Non-refundable & non-transferable deposit of $250 per person required within 7 days of booking to secure the reservation. Offer not combinable with any other discount except Welcome Back Credit and Second Tour Discount. Offer excludes Cosmos Lite tours. Standard cancellation fees apply. Offers may be withdrawn without notice and are not combinable with any other offers unless stated. Please check all prices, availability and other information before booking. Cosmos and Helloworld Travel booking terms and conditions apply, see in store for details.Read more